Vacancy: Workshop Engineer – Temporary Role
Area of direct responsibility
To build starting and fuel polishing systems and wire electrical panels of varying design requirements on time and to the highest quality standards. This is a temporary role to support the current workload moving through our workshop.
• Work with the Engineering team to develop and sign off engineering designs and drawings before they are passed to manufacturing to ensure flawless manufacture.
• Fit and wire panels
• Programming and operating push button type panels
• Traditional Mechanical Panel Design & Build
• PLC (Electronic) Based Panels Design, Build & Programming
• Work to deadlines to ensure dispatch dates are met
• To assist in the development of a range of standard and bespoke hydraulic, pneumatic compressed gas starting systems and fuel polishing systems.
• Packing/Crating of completed fuel polishing project systems
• Work with sub-suppliers where necessary to ensure quality of outsourced items and compliance to IPU quality standards and IPU’s customers order
• To ensure that IPUs and customer quality standards are met and exceeded
• Strive for continuous improvement with each and every build
• Witness and sign off projects within IPU’s workshop
• Attend site service visits to support customers with maintenance and remedial work.
• Testing and peer checking work
• Fault finding and rectification
• Ensure personal compliance with all Company Health and Safety requirements
• Ensure personal compliance of the Company’s Equal Opportunities and Dignity at Work policies
• Ensure personal compliance with the Company’s Bribery policy
• Be a role model of the Company Values
It is a condition of this role that you make yourself available for and take full advantage of any training and development identified as either specific and directly related to the role or is developmental in any area.
Experience and Competencies
• Mechanical fitters/engineers, apprenticed trained if possible
• Electrical background
• An engineering background
• Experienced in hydraulics/pneumatics /pipefitting systems / panel wiring
• Be able to read and interpret engineering drawings, bills of materials and project timing plans
• Six sigma / lean manufacturing knowledge would be an advantage.
• Experience with 2D CAD software, such as draftsight, Autocad etc.
• Able to write test procedures and contribute to customer manuals for operational instructions
• Experience with PLC languages and environments, such as ladder logic or Codesys
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com