Vacancy: Trainee Sales and Proposals Engineer
Area of direct responsibility:
Provide technical support at new business stage via technical quotations and through after sales and general warranty. This role covers the full IPU product portfolio and service works where required.
• Tendering and bidding for projects globally
• Provide technical support and guidance when required either at the prospective customers’ premises or remotely.
• Quotation and estimation preparation both technically and commercially
• Technical clarification, commercial negotiation with customer
• Project kick off and tracking
• Successful project handover to Engineering design
• Review and analyse customer service specifications
• Coordinate input from various departments, including, but not limited to; operations, finance and legal to develop proposals respective of customer requirements
• Manage documentation for all proposals and orders. Manage individual pipeline and forecasting, coordinating sales, marketing and operations efforts with the Business Development Manager
• Support marketing material development for service portfolio as needed
• Creation and modification of RAM’s for site-based work
• Travel as required to fulfil job role- UK and overseas- for sales support and or site visits
• Support non-technical proposals (quotations) as required
• Provide consistent high levels of customer service
• Ensure personal and team compliance with all Company Health and Safety requirements
• Ensure personal and team compliance of the Company’s Equal Opportunities and Dignity at Work policies
• Ensure personal and team compliance with the Company’s Bribery policy
• Produce reports as and when required
• Undertake other duties as requested by a senior staff member
• Be a role model of the Company Values
• Primarily based at IPU West Bromwich – can be remote
• Undertake any training and self-learning required to improve both personal and technical product skills
It is a condition of this role that you make yourself available for and take full advantage of any training and development identified as either specific and directly related to the role or is developmental in any area.
Performance Management is necessary to develop high achievers, but more important managing those employees who do not, for whatever reason, achieve the standard that you require. Employee’s need to be aware that you will on an annual basis or more frequently if necessary be discussing, in depth on occasions, their level of performance, career aspirations and development needs.
Experience and Competencies:
• Minimum engineering HNC/HND/Degree
• Background or experience in engines, hydraulics; fluids; electronics; filtration or pumps would be an advantage
• Familiarity with diesel generators and/or critical infrastructure sites would be beneficial
• IT Literate
• Proactive, Good communicator, Flexible, Self-motivated, positive & continuous learning attitude
• Willing to travel both domestic and oversea.
• Full UK Drivers Licence
• Excellent Customer Service
• Strong sales skills
• Time Management
• Proven Team player
• Financial and Commercial Acumen
• Ability to speak other languages would be a bonus!
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com