Free Guide: Diesel Fuel Housekeeping Handbook
You already know that stored diesel needs maintenance. You understand that:
- Under normal storage conditions diesel fuel can be expected to stay in a usable condition for 6-12 months.
- Diesel contains 7% biodiesel. This accelerates water, diesel bug (microbial activity) and solid particulate contamination.
- If left untreated this can block filters, damage fuel injectors and cause engines to fail.
But you also know that maintenance can be expensive. You want the low-cost option. You want to know the techniques that maintain fuel quality without capital expenditure or, at least, with as little expenditure as possible. That’s what this handbook is all about.
It’s split into three sections:
- The low-cost route to fuel testing.
- The low-cost route to fuel conditioning.
- The background behind fuel maintenance.
And don’t worry – while this guide is aimed at UK fuel users, much of the information and suggestions on good fuel husbandry are universal.
Complete this short form to get your free diesel fuel housekeeping handbook: