ClearTank Diesel Cleaning Service
Diesel cleaning makes diesel contamination one less job to worry about
Polishing diesel that has not been cleaned is as counter-productive as polishing a car that hasn’t been washed. IPU’s ClearTank diesel cleaning service removes contaminants found in the tank, and is an important first step in preparing the diesel for a comprehensive fuel conditioning programme.
Reliability is an absolute must when it comes to your standby and primary generators. Fuel contamination represents a huge risk if your generators are critical to maintaining emergency power for a hospital, datacentre or bank.
IPU understand that stored diesel maintenance is easy to overlook. However, unknown to you, contamination could be lurking inside your diesel. Modern engines are extremely sensitive to diesel contamination – it can result in engine filters getting blocked and fuel injectors being damaged, ultimately degrading the reliability of your vital generators. Contaminated tanks will also pollute any clean diesel you add to them.
IPU can provide this service as part of a complete fuel conditioning programme meaning you have just one supplier to deal with and one point of contact for diesel testing, cleaning, polishing and stabilisation. It’s a streamlined, simple process.
Once your diesel is clean and polished, you have one less thing to worry about.
What is ClearTank diesel cleaning?
IPU’s ClearTank service will remove all forms of contamination from your stored diesel, rendering it clean, dry (free from water) and ready for use.
ClearTank will remove:
- Water down to 200 parts per million or less, complying with EU directive EN590
- Microbial growth (a.k.a the diesel bug)
- Solid particulates including rust and soot
- Sludge that has settled at the bottom of the tank
- Biofilms that form on tank surfaces and are often resistant to standard fuel polishing
Safe, discrete and convenient
Here at IPU, we see more than just the mechanical process of diesel cleaning – we understand the commercial implications of cleaning fuel and have adapted our service to address them:
- ClearTank avoids potential health and safety risks by removing the need for man-entry into your tanks. Cleaning is done from outside the tank. This is done using IPU’s specialist equipment and unique cleansing additive, ADV Energiser.
- ClearTank operates from an unmarked van to avoid unsettling customers. Misinterpretations can be damaging, despite diesel cleaning being a necessary task.
- ClearTank cleaning will not always necessitate taking your generators offline. There’s no need to disrupt day-today operations, saving you time and money.
What is the best time for diesel ClearTank cleaning?
Believe it or not, it is best to complete tank cleaning when tanks are full. It may seem illogical but most contamination arrives in the tanker that delivers your diesel. If you clean an empty tank then have dirty diesel delivered your diesel is instantly contaminated again.
Remember, IPU’s ClearTank service is able to clean both the diesel and tanks simultaneously.
How much does ClearTank tank cleaning cost?
The cost will vary. It is calculated according to the size of the tank. Please note that the service is charged according to tank size, not the volume of stored diesel.
Please contact IPU Group for more details.
What comes next…?
Unfortunately, cleaning the diesel and the tank is not going to prevent fuel contamination in the future. Diesel is under constant attack; it will not stay clean for long. Water enters the tank naturally through the air or during a diesel delivery and encourages bacterial growth. Grit and dirt can enter from the tank surroundings and rust can fall off the inside walls of the tank. Essentially, due to the nature of biodiesel, it will degrade quickly unless it is maintained.
ClearTank diesel cleaning ensures your diesel is clean and dry. Now let IPU’s Diesel Defence fuel polishing units maintain it. Through single and multi-stage filtration, Diesel Defence provides you with long-term protection. To find out more, click here.